Living Water Via de Cristo Secretariat
Pre-Weekend Chair Duties
- Pre-Weekend Preparation:
- Send Rector/a information needed for Team meetings, candidates coming, as well as requesting information needed for community participation.
- Send to Communications and Prayer site: team roster, candidate names, reminders to sponsor a candidate.
- Write articles for Newsletter promoting team participation and sponsoring candidates.
- Write article in Newsletter immediately prior to Weekend – remind community of need for donations of drink and snacks.
- Process Candidate applications, sending appropriate information, payments, and updates to necessary people.
- Send letter of acceptance and responsibilities to candidate and sponsor, respectively.
- During the Weekend
- At the Send-off, greet the candidates and introduce them to other candidates, silent professors, and rollistas.
- Lead “Dedication of the Crosses” ceremony at Send-off (script provided).
- Have list of candidates available for community at Send-off after the “DeColores” by community.
- On Going Duties
- Refresh and update VdC Brochure, candidate and team applications with current contact information.
- Disperse VdC Brochures and applications to participating congregations.
- Promote the VdC movement to non-participating congregations.
- Prepare information to share as part of the Continuing Education Program.
- Obtain and create maps, for Sponsors and community, to camps and churches for the Weekend Clausura.
- Keep most recent 3 years’ folders of Pilgrims’ applications on flash drive.