Have you ever thought of serving God in a much bigger way? Have you ever thought of being the hands and feet of our Lord in a foreign country? Have you ever thought of serving orphans? Knowing the Living Water Via de Cristo community, the answer to at least 2 of those questions is a YES! With the blessing of the Living Water Via de Cristo Secretariat the summer of 2014 might be your chance to finally do something outside of your comfort zone where the Lord “wants” and “needs” us. Another Child Foundation, which was founded by Tim Oloffson who attended LWVdC weekend #21 in 2000, is providing that opportunity by hosting a SPECIAL Via de Cristo mission trip for VdC weekend participants and their children to Romania this July 17-27. This specially formed team will use the Via de Cristo method to both evangelize to at-risk children as well as tend to the needs of the trip participants. We all know how important the weekend was to each of us now we have a great chance to share what we learned with others.
Another Child Foundation is an ecumenical organization that has been reaching, teaching, and transforming the lives of at-risk children and families for 7 years. ACF has had a number of LWVdC people travel with them in the past and look forward to a great trip in 2014. Attached to this email are more details on the trip as well as some personal testimonies from people who have traveled with Another Child Foundation. Space will be limited to 15 people so if you have any questions or interest please let Another Child Foundation know by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Mission’s office at (815) 303-1725. Another Child Foundation also provides fundraising ideas and assistance to anyone in need of financial help. What a great opportunity for the Living Water community to step out of the boat and go serve those less fortunate people who crave the love and attention the VDC people have in their hearts.
- ACF does its best ministry because it partners with Romanian citizens and seeks to meet the children and parents in their greatest need. -Jan Larson
- ACF takes teams of people from all walks of life, guided by one mission. God works miracles through those teams, and their lives are never the same. –Teri Schlindwein
- All of its representatives walk the talk. They continue to develop and work to bring to pass their vision with excellence, passion, patience, and trust and reliance in God’s wisdom and provision. They communicate their belief that they can make things better, one child at a time. –Karen Goy
- Another Child Foundation does not just run mission trips, but they have “set up camp” in Romania through the Point of Hope, the transitional home and now the group home. Rather than brief encounters, they are an ongoing presence making a difference in children’s lives. –Pastor Jeff Schlesinger
- Keeping the focus on the children we are working with has always been #1 for ACF. No matter what is going on, that value in these children does not change. –Keri Claggett
- ACF loves children and families well! They set high expectations for their students at the Point of Hope Development Center and spread hope throughout the community. I was blessed to be a part of what ACF and Fundatia Buckner are doing to transform the lives of so many in Romania. –Jessica Huettel
Reaching, Teaching, & Transforming!
(POSTED BY ADAM MCMILLIN ON BEHALF OF)
Tim Oloffson- Executive Director
Cell # 815.303.1725